Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zombie Pumpkin Display

BRRAAAAIIIIIINNNNNSSSS.....oops, I mean SSSEEEEEEEDDDDSSSSSS....


I've had this little shoebox full of awesome (those would be Attack of the Living Dead figures by the way) tucked away for a while now waiting for an equally awesome craft project and well, I finally got off my tuchas and did something with it!


I started with a funkin (that's a fake pumpkin for those of you not in the know) that I scored for an extra discount since it was damaged (yay pre-Halloween clearance!).


I drew where I wanted to cut (around the damage) my opening for my scene and carved away. It's times like this I had better knives...or at least a real pumpkin carving kit.


Once it was all cut up I had to do a lot of cleanup. Funkin dust EVERYWHERE!


At this point I painted it black with acrylic paint and let it dry. Since the inside of this funkin had a gloss to it, the paint didn't stick well and I got this really great crackled effect. Not what I was going for, but perfect none the less!


Once it was dry I put a layer of spanish moss in the bottom, placed my figures (with a bit of glue), added a couple battery operated tea lights for illumination and finished it off with a few fake maggots.


In the words of Mr. Craftapus;
"Mrs. Craftapus, your pumpkin is really freaking creepy. I hope you're happy."
 ...why yes, yes I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment