Thursday, October 28, 2010

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

I ran out of my typical HFCS laden chocolate syrup and decided to make my own. So, far I'm very pleased with the results, though I sense I will be tweaking the next batch. I found this recipe to be a little too "dark" tasting and not quite as sweet as I'm used to. Those of you that are fans of dark chocolate would probably love this syrup though!


Homemade Chocolate Syrup 

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (stay tuned for a post on making that yourself next month!)
dash of salt

Combine the water, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt together in a saucepan over low heat; whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and begins to simmer. Remove from heat and stir the vanilla into the sauce. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until serving. 


I stored mine in an old syrup squeeze bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment